Pelvic Floor Occupational Therapy
Pelvic Floor Therapy promotes pelvic health for men and women for improved function, quality of life, and participation in meaningful daily activities.
Your First Visit
Your pelvic floor therapist will conduct a thorough evaluation regarding your current condition and concerns through a review of your medical history and questions about your daily habits and routines, i.e. eating, drinking, voiding, sexual history, exercise, etc.
Your therapist will first conduct an external exam of your posture, hips, abdomen, and pelvic floor muscles in order to assess how they affect your movement and pain in functional activities. With your consent, an internal exam will also be conducted to assess the movement of your pelvic floor muscles.
Diagnostics and Treatment will Include:
- Manual therapy
- Pelvic floor exercises
- Core and hip stabilization exercises
- Stretching/mobilization techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- Electrical stimulation
- Bladder diary
- Nutrition education
- Postural education and functional training
- Breathing techniques
- Activity analysis of activities of your choice
- Home exercise program
Nothing is TMI!
Your pelvic floor therapist will ensure that everything you share is respected, honored, empowered, and remains in absolute privacy. We are here to normalize talking about sex, peeing, and pooping! Talk about it so we can help you to feel better, move better, and live better.
- 25% of women experience one or more pelvic floor disorders, including urinary and fecal incontinence and prolapse. (Wu et al, 2014)
- Pelvic floor therapy is evidence-based and effective in the prevention, treatment, and management of pelvic floor dysfunction. (Lawson & Sacks, 2018)
We are on a mission to reach the world with chiropractic by helping as many families and children in this community reach an optimal level of health and improved quality of life by removing neurological interference through specific scientific chiropractic adjustments.
1057 Van Reed Road
Reading, PA 19605
Phone (610) 750-9131
Fax (610) 743-8494
Mon 8:15 am - 7 pm
Tue 10 am - 7 pm
Wed 8:15 am - 7 pm
Thu 10 am - 7 pm
Fri 8:15 am - 1 pm
Sat & Sun Closed