Medical Billing Specialist
Core Health Chiropractic is looking to add to it’s AMAZING team with an experienced Medical Billing Specialist!
The medical billing specialist is responsible for the timely reconciliation of outstanding claims and patient accounts. Experience with chiropractic billing regarding insurance claims for chiropractic, PT, OT is preferred!
- Review, monitor, input and complete medical claims into billing system according to specific guidelines on a daily basis. An experienced medical billing specialist will be able to confidently know what attachments and narratives are required for each claim for best possible payout/reimbursement.
- Process payment from insurance companies including paper checks and EFT deposits. Understand and work effectively with the EFT process from each insurance company.
- Work with weekly Insurance Aging and AR reports to investigate unpaid claims. Follow-up, correct and/or appeal/resubmit claims until they are paid.
- Conducts research related to billing issues to resolve discrepancies.
- Insurance billing experience with chiropractic, OT, and PT claims a plus. Knowledge of Chirotouch (EHR) also a plus!
- Professional phone etiquette, able to effectively communicate billing issues to patients and/or insurance companies.
- Enjoy working within and being part of a team where collaboration skills are essential.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with patients, colleagues and Doctors, as well as various insurance companies via email and/or phone.
- Excellent problem researching and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand patient charts including x-rays and clinical notes and how to properly translate procedures and diagnoses into coding.
- Understand all insurance and collections laws and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations. Maintain strict adherence to confidentiality at all times.
- High School Diploma or GED, Certified in Billing is a Plus.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of calculations and medical terminology. (i.e. reading and explaining an EOB)
- Must be proficient (to advanced) with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and ability to learn new computer systems. Knowledge of Chirotouch a bonus.
- Possess a working knowledge of accounting ledgers.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: From $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home some days
- Monday to Friday